Hook into Hockey provides an inviting fun environment in which children can discover and enjoy the skills of the great international sport of hockey.
The underlying philosopy is consistent with the growing enlightened attitude that organised sport has far reaching benefits when it is structured to meet the needs of children. Hook into Hockey is designed to:
- Increase levels of physical fitness and well-being
- Provide a sense of achievement through the progressive acquisition of skills;
- Encourage and teach healthy attitudes to desirable codes of behaviour through co-operating and competing with opponents;
- Provide an appreciation of the fun, satisfaction and relaxation that can be derived from physical activity; and
- Provide a positive attitude to more active energetic lifestyles.
- Rough and dangerous play is banned and body contact discouraged by coaching players to adopt safe correct techniques.
Hook in2 Hockey is a Hockey Australia branded program designed for boys and girls aged 10 and under. The skills developed in the program can be modified to suit players of any age or skill level. For an overview and registration of Hockey Australia’s program click here.
This year at Caloundra Hockey Club, our Hook in2 Hockey program begins in July and runs through until mid-September.
Training (Hockey Australia – Skills in Action) – runs during Term 3, on Friday afternoon at Meridan Sports Complex from 4pm – 5pm. A training shirt and shin pads will be provided in your player pack upon receipt of full payment. Otherwise, dress for the weather: shorts/skirt if it is hot; tracksuit if it is cold. Runners are suitable footwear, there is no need to buy football boots as when we have our games at the Ballinger Park turf fields, studded boots are prohibited on the artificial surface. You will need to purchase Caloundra Hockey Club socks from the Club, these will be available from the first training session. We highly recommend that you purchase a mouth guard for your child, they are available from sports shops or chemists.
Games (Hockey Australia – Game On) – The implementation of this Program is yet to be confirmed due to COVID-19. When details are available, we consult with parents as to whether participation in the carnivals is viable for 2020.
Cancellations – we will play whenever the field is considered safe. After a couple of days of heavy rain we may need to cancel training or games due to the grounds being unsafe, even if it is not raining on the day. Wet weather plans will be communication to parents at the commencement of the season.
Questions: contact Jan Savage: 0409 434 782